Real Madrid squad: Marcelo, Rodrygo miss out on Madrid derby
Marcelo returned to training during the week but is not deemed fit enough to return to the squad to play Atlético Madrid on Saturday night at the Wanda.
Marcelo, Isco and Ferland Mendy will not make it back in time to feature in the Madrid derby on Saturday night as Zinedine Zidane named his squad for the clash. The Brazilian returned to training along with Isco during the week but the first derby of the season has come to soon for both of them.
Luka Modric returns after his injury lay-off but the other three will have to wait. Rodrygo, the goalscorer of Madrid's second against Osasuna, has been left out too. Vinicius does, however, make the squad after breaking his goalscoring drought with a looping effort in the first half to give Real Madrid the lead. He is not expected to start but unearthing his confidence will make him an option off the bench.
Zidane will bring five defenders to the Wanda with Nacho likely to play at left-back in the absence of Marcelo. His options in midfield have been bolstered by the Croatian's return with Fede Valverde also playing well during the week.
Against Osasuna, Zidane made eight changes to the team that played Sevilla at the weekend and James, Bale and Hazard all return to the fold after being rested during the week.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online