Piqué and Todibo in defence for Barcelona against Sevilla
With Lenglet sent off against Getafe, Valverde will have to turn to the young French defender for matchday eight.
Barcelona coach Valverde has problems for matchday eight of LaLiga after Lenglet was sent off in the 2-0 win against Getafe. That means he'll be suspended for Sevilla's visit to the Camp Nou on Sunday 6 October (21:00 CEST), and Barça will likely line up with Todibo alongside Piqué in defence.
Todibo came on against Getafe
The 19-year-old French defender came on for his first five minutes of LaLiga action this season in the Coliseum this afternoon. He played 158 minutes last season after joining in the winter transfer market from Toulouse.
With Lenglet suspended, and Umtiti injured with a bone fissure in his right foot, Valverde's only option is Todibo.
Barcelona beat several clubs to Todibo
Barça were delighted when they signed Todibo from Toulouse, getting in ahead of several big clubs who were also keen to land him, including Juventus. The player was under contract until 30 June, but Barcelona paid one million euros to pick him up in January 2019, with Toulouse saying they wouldn't play him in the second half of the season.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win