Carlos Vela picks up his fifth Player of the Week award
In a historic week for the LAFC captain, he becomes the MLS POTW achieving his fifth award of the season, first to get five since Thiery Henry in 2012.
Carlos Vela closes its historic week by being granted its fifth Player of the Week award of the season, becoming the first player to get five MLS POTW in a season since Thierry Henry in 2012.
On Sunday against Minnesota United, Carlos Vela tied the MLS single-season scoring record (31) which belonged to Atlanta United striker, Josef Martinez, staying one goal away from setting a new mark with one game to play in the 2019 campaign.
Player of the Week
Each week an MLS Player of the Week is chosen by the media and a fan voting process conducted by MLS Communications, with 75% of the vote going to North American Soccer reporters and a Twitter fan vote representing the remaining 25%.
Te recomendamos en English
- LaLiga Barcelona vs Granada: LaLiga Santander: how and where to watch, times, TV, online
- REAL MADRID 2 -1 SEVILLA Lopetegui to Monchi: "This is a disgrace man, always the same"
- REAL MADRID 2-1 SEVILLA Monchi: "If the second goal had been disallowed, I'd have taken the team off"
- Barcelona Setien surprised by Barcelona players' attitude
- PSG Neymar has become the leader PSG hoped for - says Tuchel
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Manchester United: Premier League: How and where to watch