Iago Aspas hits injury-time 'Panenka' penalty straight at keeper
The Celta striker was inspired to take a penalty on 94 minutes like the great Antonin Panenka but it all went wrong, horribly, horribly wrong...
Anything Sergio Ramos can do... or perhaps not. When Celta were awarded a penalty in the 94th minute of Sunday's LaLiga meeting with Eibar at Ipurua, striker Iago Aspas drew inspiration from the great Czech penalty master Antonin Panenka, a maestro from 12 yards.
But Aspas unwittingly demostrated that taking a spot-kick á-la-Panenka isn't quite as easy as it might appear. He didn't get enough power on it, not enough lift and most importantly, it was straight at the keeper...
Might be better to stick to corners...
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers, Jones give Green Bay first win of season: NFL Week 2 ratings
- NFL Who won Monday Night Football in NFL Week 2?
- NFL The NFL taunting rule is here to stay amidst criticism
- USMNT Sergiño Dest struggled in his return to Barcelona’s starting XI
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ronald Koeman sacking a matter of when, not if
- Barcelona have to be more united than ever, says Ter Stegen