Zlatan and LA Galaxy's night ruined by Alberth Elis
The Houston Dynamo striker netted one goal and gave two assists in his team's victory over LA Galaxy in the last match of the MLS regular season.
Sunday night saw MLS Decision Day putting a close to the 2019 regular season where Galaxy needed a victory to secure the first playoff game at home. Besides having the task to help Zlatan Ibrahimovic break the MLS single-season scoring record and take the Golden Boot from Carlos Vela.
Zlatan booste hopes by opening the scoreboard with Cristian Pavon scoring the second goal for the LA side. However, Dynamo had the upper hand on their field, with Albert Elis, Memo Rodriguez, and Christian Ramirez running Galaxy's night to give Houston the victory.
The MLS regular season is over with Zlatan Ibrahimovic and company focusing now on the postseason, where the LA squad will face Minnesota United at Allianz Field.
The playoffs will be a single game knock-out with the 'Loons' having home advantage to complicate even further things for Barros Schelotto's side.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barça president agrees "3 years could be enough for Valverde"
- PRMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Sadio Mané proud of Ballon d'Or recognition
- SERIE A Inter boss Conte: Fans must support, not whistle us
- Premier League Arsenal ready to pull the plug on Ljungberg after two games
- Villarreal 0-0 Atlético Atlético's scoring drought the worst in 83 top-flight years
- BARCELONA-ESPANYOL The Japanese pearl of the Masia, Kubo returns to Barcelona