Modric injured and Bale in the wars in Wales-Croatia qualifier
The Croatian midfielder had to be helped off-field after colliding with Wilson. Bale also finished the game with twinges. Both will be examined in Madrid tomorrow.
Alarms have been ringing at Real Madrid following tonight's Euro 2020 qualifier betwen Wales and Croatia which left two madridistas in the sickbay. Luka Modric left the game injured with two minutes remaining. Modric collided with Harry Wilson while attempting to halt a counter-attack by the hosts.
Modric hobbles out of Wales game
The Madrid midfielder was able to get back onto his feet and after receiving treatment from Croatia's medical team, asked to be taken off. He limped off the field without hardly being able to walk on his right leg.
Bale with twinges
Gareth Bale, who scored the equaliser for Wales also ended the game with physical problems. He was unable to be subbed as Ryan Giggs had already used the maximum three substitutions. Both players will be assessed by Madrid's medical staff on Monday to determine whether they will be able to make the squad for Saturday's league trip to Mallorca.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother