Zlatan Ibrahimovic ready for the Minnesota cold in MLS play-off
Snow in Minnesota will not stop "viking" Zlatan Ibrahimovic from starring in the MLS play-offs, the LA Galaxy striker claims.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic vowed he would draw on his inner "viking" as he weighed up the prospect of playing in the snow at Minnesota United in the MLS play-offs.
Ibra with horns
Ibrahimovic has packed his career with bold claims, regularly referring to himself as a "lion", and he remains bullish despite the potentially tricky conditions at Allianz Field on Sunday.
LA Galaxy have returned to the post-season but face a tough trip to surprise package Minnesota, who have hosted snow games in the past in the colder months of the year.
Star Galaxy striker Ibrahimovic, born in Sweden, does not foresee any adverse weather being an issue for himself or LA.
"I'm from Sweden, I was born in the snow," the 38-year-old said in an interview posted on Galaxy's Twitter page.
"When it snows, I'm a viking. When it's warm, I'm a lion. We adjust for every condition there is."
Ibrahimovic scored 30 goals in 29 regular season games in 2019, leading LA back to the play-offs after missing out in his first MLS campaign following a remarkable final-day collapse by the team last year.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Dak Prescott's net worth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Will Social Security beneficiaries get a fourth stimulus check?
- NFL Patriots vs. Bills live online: Bills extend lead in 4th quarter | NFL Playoffs
- NFL The Steelers activate JuJu ahead of Wild Card date with Chiefs
- NFL Could Brian Flores be the Texans next head coach?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis could be back by month end