Man United eye Bayern's Muller for January - reports
German press claim Manchester United are interested in signing out-of-favor Bayern Munich striker Thomas Muller, who is also a reported target of Inter Milan.
Manchester United are looking to sign Bayern Munich striker Thomas Muller in January, according to reports in Germany.
A long-time target at Old Trafford, Muller becomes the latest player linked with a January move to United, who are expected to bring in a number of signings in the New Year as they look to revive their fortunes after what has been a dismal season so far.
The news was broken by journalist Christian Falk of German outlet Sport Bild, which also reports that Inter Milan are also interested in the 30-year-old.
Inter, United could battle for Muller
Having found himself out of favour at Bayern this season, Muller is reportedly looking for a January exit from the Allianz Arena and could see the likes of United and Inter as suitable destinations.
According to Bild, Inter had already made a request about Muller in the summer and will now “intensify” their efforts to bring in the Weilheim-born player in January.
However, the Italian club could face stiff competition from United, who would likely spare no expense in putting together a contract offer to entice the German international to move to Old Trafford.
Muller wouldn’t be the first experienced Bayern star in recent years to come to the flailing Premier League club surrounded by high expectations.
Ex-United boss Louis Van Gaal signed Muller's former team mate Bastian Schweinsteiger in 2015 but the German midfielder had a rather underwhelming 20-month spell at Old Trafford before leaving for MLS side Chicago Fire on a free in March, 2017.
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?