Lowest Camp Nou Champions League attendance since 2017
The Barça fans are getting fed up with their sides lacklustre performances - paltry crowd turned out for the Champions League match against Slavia Prague.
The Camp Nou faithful have started turning their backs on Barcelona in a worrying fashion in recent weeks. Just a week ago against Valladolid, Barça recorded one of the lowest attendances of the season so far, with just 59,896 fans in the ground. And this evening, Tuesday, against Slavia Prague in the Champions League the alarm bells were sounding once again for Barcelona with only 67,023 supporters in the Camp Nou. Some might argue many of the fans were right to stay away, with Barça lacklustre in their 0-0 draw with Slavia Prague.
Lowest Camp Nou Champions League crowd in two years
This evening was the worst attendance for a Champions League game at the Camp Nou in the past two years. The last time the ground saw fewer fans for a game in Europe's elite club competition was back on 18 October 2017, when 55,026 supporters attended the game against Olympiakos.
Last season, the lowest Camp Nou Champions League attendance was against Tottenham in the group stages, when Barcelona had already qualified. 69,961 fans attended that game.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?