Joaquín becomes oldest player to score LaLiga hat-trick
Betis legend Joaquín has created a slice of LaLiga history with his treble inside the opening 20 minutes of Real Betis' clash with Athletic Bilbao.
Betis winger Joaquín rolled back the years on Sunday as he became the oldest player to score a hat-trick in LaLiga history.
Joaquín on fire in first 20
The 38-year-old plundered three goals inside the opening 20 minutes in his side's clash with Athletic Bilbao at Estadio Benito Villamarin.
His treble takes his LaLiga tally for the season to six goals – the same as his total from last season and the most he has scored in a domestic campaign since 2003-04.
Joaquin – capped 51 times by Spain – started his career at Betis before moving to Valencia in 2006. He then enjoyed spells at Malaga and Fiorentina before returning to Los Verdiblancos in 2015.
Athletic made a game of it, coming back to make it 3-2, but were unable to get the equaliser.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7