Why not? Jimenez eyes Liverpool scalp after Man City upset
Wolves Portuguese forward Raul Jimenez wants another surprise victory at Liverpool after beating Manchester City.
Raul Jimenez hopes Wolves can repeat their upset win over Manchester City when they visit Liverpool on Sunday.
Wolves stunned City 3-2 in the Premier League on Friday, denting the champions' title chances while moving up to fifth in the table.
Jimenez, who scored the equaliser as Wolves came from 2-0 down, hopes his team can deliver again when they make the trip to Anfield.
"Why not?" the forward said, via the club's website, about repeating the result. IIt will be a tough game, but we know that."
Trailing 2-0 and playing against 10 men, Wolves scored through Adama Traore before Jimenez's equaliser and Matt Doherty's 89th-minute winner.
Jimenez praised his team, who also recorded a 2-0 win over City in October.
Our first double of the season. And what a way to do it.— Wolves (@Wolves) December 27, 2019
"It's never easy to come back from two goals, especially against a team like Manchester City," he said. It's difficult, but with our heart and our football, we knew this was a very good opportunity for us to win this game. It wasn't a perfect match, but we played very well against a very good team in Manchester City. It's difficult to win or even draw against them, but we've won both games.
"So, we are very excited, very happy, and we will enjoy this."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August