Liverpool accelerate Osimhen signing
Reports in France state that Jürgen Klopp is a huge admirer of the Nigerian striker and the club is negotiating with Lille to secure an Anfield transfer.
Victor Osimhen has been one of the great revelations of Ligue 1 this season. Lille signed him in the summer as back-up for Rafael Leao and, in just four months, the Nigerian has more than met their expectations, and grabbed the attention of a number of European giants.
Liverpool lining up Lille's Osimhen
According to reports in Foot-Mercato, Liverpool have begun negotiations to sign the 21-year-old forward, with Jürgen Klopp a big admirer of what he can bring to his attacking line-up. Standing at 1.85 metres, he has a powerful aerial presence and is a useful weapon bursting into space at speed. His rapid development in France has been spectacular, with him bagging 10 goals in 18 Ligue 1 matches.
Lille, for their part, do not want one of their new stars to leave without significant compensation. They landed Osimhen for €12 million but have already made it clear that it will take a lot more to prise him away, especially so early into his new contract. The French club forced €80 million out of Arsenal in the summer for Nicolas Pepe.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2