AC Milan arrive in Barcelona to complete Todibo move
The 20-year-old central defender will join the Italians on loan. Barcelona and Milan enjoy a good relationship and that has been key in negotiations.
Diario AS can confirm that officials from AC Milan arrived in Barcelona this evening to close the transfer of Jean-Clair Todibo. The French defender, who turned 20 just a few days ago, is expected to join the Italian side on loan, but the conditions of the operation still have to be established. Whatever the outcome, Barça will retain the option to recover the player once the loan arrangement ends.
Todibo struggled to settle at Barcelona
Todibo signed for Barcelona from Toulouse just under a year ago, cited as one of the most promising young defenders in the Europe (Barça beat Juventus to his signature). Todibo will be loaned out for a number of reasons - first and foremost to gain playing time and further his progresion. But while the club recognise the player's potential, they also realise that he has struggled to adapt to life in Barcelona due to certain circumstances. That has been picked up not only by Barça's coaching staff but also by those in charge at the French Football Federation. Instead of developing into a better player, there has been little or no progression - quite the contrary.
The club think Todibo will benefit from seeing a bit of the world, play for an elite side in Italy's top flight where he will experience pressure but also be able to gauge his limits. Barça and Milan are expected to make an announcement in due course. In the meantime, Todibo was left out of Ernesto Valverde's squad list for tomorrow's league meeting with Espanyol.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID James won't play for Real Madrid again and is looking for a new club
- Fred issues Man Utd Europa League warning
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Man City vs Real Madrid, Juventus vs Lyon
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane