AC Milan arrive in Barcelona to complete Todibo move
The 20-year-old central defender will join the Italians on loan. Barcelona and Milan enjoy a good relationship and that has been key in negotiations.
Diario AS can confirm that officials from AC Milan arrived in Barcelona this evening to close the transfer of Jean-Clair Todibo. The French defender, who turned 20 just a few days ago, is expected to join the Italian side on loan, but the conditions of the operation still have to be established. Whatever the outcome, Barça will retain the option to recover the player once the loan arrangement ends.
Todibo struggled to settle at Barcelona
Todibo signed for Barcelona from Toulouse just under a year ago, cited as one of the most promising young defenders in the Europe (Barça beat Juventus to his signature). Todibo will be loaned out for a number of reasons - first and foremost to gain playing time and further his progresion. But while the club recognise the player's potential, they also realise that he has struggled to adapt to life in Barcelona due to certain circumstances. That has been picked up not only by Barça's coaching staff but also by those in charge at the French Football Federation. Instead of developing into a better player, there has been little or no progression - quite the contrary.
The club think Todibo will benefit from seeing a bit of the world, play for an elite side in Italy's top flight where he will experience pressure but also be able to gauge his limits. Barça and Milan are expected to make an announcement in due course. In the meantime, Todibo was left out of Ernesto Valverde's squad list for tomorrow's league meeting with Espanyol.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star: Best images from the Slam Dunk Contest
- USMNT Giovanni Reyna could miss Dortmund's clash against Sevilla
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kane on par with Henry, Liverpool worst champions ever? Premier League weekend's quirky facts
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Atlético attack Real Madrid: "They even criticise correct decisions..."
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: Juve must be patient against Porto, says Pirlo
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: what's the last step after relief bill passed by Senate?