Monaco: Robert Moreno makes winning start at Ligue 1 club
Monaco looked to be heading for defeat when Reims got a late penalty, but Benjamin Lecomte saved it and Keita Baldé Diao snatched the win.
Robert Moreno got off to a victorious start as Monaco coach thanks to Benjamin Lecomte's late penalty save and Keita Baldé Diao's 95th-minute winner in a Coupe de France clash against Reims.
Keita double earns Monaco victory in Moreno bow
Former Spain boss Moreno replaced Leonardo Jardim last week and began his tenure with a dramatic 2-1 triumph in the last-64 encounter at the Stade Louis II.
Keita headed home a cross from Wissam Ben Yedder after a goalless first half but Boulaye Dia restored parity in the 69th minute.
Reims were awarded a penalty when Adrien Silva fouled Hassane Kamara with six minutes left on the clock, but Lecomte kept out Moussa Doumbia from the spot.
Keita made the most of the reprieve, controlling Aleksandr Golovin's corner and rifling a crisp finish into the bottom-right corner with practically the last kick of the game.
PSG clash up next for Monaco
Monaco return to Ligue 1 action a week on Sunday when they travel to Paris Saint-Germain, who visit the principality three days later.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS US Will the covid-19 vaccine be mandatory in NY for teachers?
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?
- NFL NFL: When should the San Francisco 49ers start Trey Lance?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa on injured reserve, to miss at least 3 games
- Liga MX Club América vs Chivas live: Liga MX 'Super Clásico Nacional' online
- NBA Report: Simmons rejects meeting with teammates on 76ers rift