Ter Stegen unable to train with Barcelona again
The goalkeeper, who has been practically ruled out by Valverde, did not train again ahead of Barcelona's game against Atlético Madrid on Thursday.
Ernesto Valverde admitted this week that Marc Andre Ter Stegen is practically ruled out of Barcelona's Spanish Super Cup tie against Atlético Madrid with a knee injury.
The goalkeeper did not train again on Sunday ahead of the semi-final against Atlético, which takes place on Thursday night at King Abdullah Sport City Stadium at 20:00 CET.
Ter Stegen is suffering from an injury in the tendon of his right knee. Along with Arthur, Ter Stegen was one of the big names missing as Dembele continues his recovery with an eye on a February return.
Real Madrid and Valencia play in the other semi-final and while he might be back for the final, if Barcelona get there, he remains unlikely to play on Thursday.
The German will travel to Saudi Arabia with the rest of the squad to continue his recovery there as they wait to see the outcome of the game and how his knee responds to treatment. The logical conclusion to his absence is that he recovers in time to play Granada on January 19.
That would see him out a month after skipping surgery in order to rehab the knee.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: why hasn't a relief package been agreed?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Champions League: Atlético out as Simeone shoots himself in foot
- QATAR 2022 Qatar 2022: Generation Amazing targets 1m beneficiaries by World Cup
- Champions League Which of the 2019-20 favourites boast the most former winners?
- Transfer market Van de Beek happy at Ajax amid Real Madrid, Man Utd links
- MLS FC Dallas condemn death threats and racist comments sent to Reggie Cannon