Transfer Rumors: Ajax eyeing Mexican player Roberto Alvarado
According to multiple reports in the Netherlands, Ajax are preparing an offer to sign Roberto Alvaradro from Cruz Azul.
Roberto ‘Piojo’ Alvarado dreams of playing in Europe in the near future, and his dreams may just have taken a step closer to coming true. According to the website, vi.nl, Ajax have been paying close attention to the Mexican player and are interested in signing him now, although their plan would be to then leave him on loan with Cruz Azul for this Clausura 2020.
The 21-year-old attacking midfielder has a release clause at Cruz Azul of 15 million euros, which makes him a much cheaper option than AZ Alkmaar star Calvin Stengs.
In the article published by Voetbal International, they note his youth, the number of games he has played for Mexico’s national team and how dynamic he is as a soccer player. They also talk about the ability of ‘Piojo’ to play in different positions.
According to the outlets, if Ajax were to sell Ziyech or Van de Beek in this transfer window, they would want Alvarado as soon as possible and not next summer. So far he has been with Cruz Azul for two semesters now, although last tournament he struggled to find his top level. He has played a total of 2,800 minutes with his actual team, scoring four goals and providing three assists.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Catalan sports press elated at Madrid UCL defeat to Man City
- MLS Roger Martinez looking to pocket more than Carlos Vela
- Real Madrid Vinicius: "Referees are out to get us when they come here"
- MLS Five facts about Inter Miami ahead of their debut in MLS
- MLS Beckham wants Inter Miami to have the same success as LAFC and Atlanta United
- MLS David Beckham is not worried about Inter Miami missing a DP