Arrest made over sexually explicit video of Málaga manager
Media reports claim the second division side will dismiss Víctor Sánchez del Amo after controversy relating to an explicit video, but Luis Rubiales is backing the coach.
According to Vózpópuli, a 41-year-old man is being held by police in Córdoba over the release of the sexually explicit video of Víctor Sánchez del Amo, with claims that the video in question was being used for extortion reasons. The man was arrested on Friday evening in the village of Puente Genil.
The investigation continues.
Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) president Luis Rubiales vowed to offer Víctor Sánchez del Amo a job if he is dismissed by Málaga in the wake of an explicit video of him going viral following alleged blackmail.
Víctor claimed he is the victim of extortion, confirming in a statement on Twitter that the police had been made aware.
Málaga said to be looking to dismiss Víctor
Media reports say Málaga are set to dismiss the former Real Madrid and Spain midfielder, and Rubiales – who offered Victor support in a tweet on Tuesday – is unimpressed by the lack of backing the club has given him.
Rubiales insists he will offer Víctor a job should Málaga opt to get rid of the 43-year-old.
"I had not been on Twitter for two months until the Víctor Sánchez del Amo news," he told El Larguero. "I respect Málaga, but what they have [reportedly] done is a crime. If he loses work, I will offer him to come [to RFEF]. "I will talk to [RFEF sporting director, José Francisco] Molina and we will look for a professional job for him in the Federation. We will have open doors."
Málaga are 16th in Spain's Segunda Division, just one point above the relegation zone.