Chicharito - one of Galaxy’s all-time historic signings
Chicharito Hernández will play in the MLS this season. There is no doubt that he is one of the biggest signings in LA Galaxy's history.
Galaxy paid close to 9 million euros to bring Chicharito Hernández in from Sevilla. The Mexican, who will probably become the highest paid player in the Major League Soccer, has been signed to fill the vacant spot left by Zlatan Ibrahimovic when he joined AC Milan last month.
Chicharito joins a list of historic players - many of whom were at Europe's top clubs before joining LA Galaxy.
Probably the biggest signing in the history of the MLS during their 25 years of existence. The English midfielder came to Galaxy after playing for Real Madrid and Manchester United. Beckham played a total of 124 games, scored 20 goals and giving 42 assists. He also won the MLS championship in 2011, 2012 and 2014.
In 2018, LA Galaxy announced that Zlatan Ibrahimovic would be joining the club in June after leaving Manchester United due to a knee injury. the Swedish striker didn’t win anything during his time in Los Angeles but did score and impressive 54 goals in 58 games.
Another big name player that arrived in the MLS to play with the LA Galaxy. Gerrard came from Liverpool in 2015 and he played 54 games and scored just five times.
Arrguably one of the best players in LA Galaxy history. Captain America signed in 2005 and went on to win 4 MLS championships, 1 MLS Cup and became the top scorer in the history of the league, until his record was surpassed by Chris Wondolowski.
Another well known player to ply his trade Stateside with the Galaxy. The Irish striker won three championships with LA Galaxy and in 2014, was named MVP of the season.
The British defender came to the MLS after spells at Arsenal and Chelsea. He had won the Champions League in 2012 with The Blues but was unable to gain similar successes with the Galaxy and his spell at the club came to an end after 7 months.
Nigel de Jong
He came to LA Galaxy after playing the World Cup final in 2010 and for big clubs like AC Milan. But like Ashley Cole, he never adapted to the MLS and ended his contract with Galaxy after 18 months.
Giovani Dos Santos
He came up through Barcelona’s youth academy and eventually made his debut with the first team. His career in Europe was never stable and after ten years he decided to come play for the LA Galaxy where he scored 28 goals in 88 games.
Jonathan Dos Santos
The youngest of the Dos Santos brothers decided to follow his old brother, joining in 2017. He is one of the team's key players, guiding them to the playoffs last year.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...
- BARCELONA Two USMNT players make history with Barcelona in Champions League
- BARCELONA Jordi Alba predicts USMNT's Dest to become Barcelona star
- BARCELONA Koeman says nothing behind 'happy' Griezmann not starting in against Kiev
- Champions League Real Madrid's San Siro woe, Lewandowski targets Raul
- FIFA Best Awards Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Mbappé among FIFA 2020 Best candidates
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Inter Milan vs Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020: when does it start and finish?