Real Madrid's Mariano, latest victim of attempted robbery
The Madrid striker was shopping in the capital's Calle Serrano with his partner when an individual grabbed their bags.
Real Madrid striker Mariano Díaz, was the latest victim of an attempted robbery earlier this week, just after he left the Louis Vuitton store in the capital's exclusive Calle Serrano, known as Spain's Golden Mile for shopping.
The incident occurred at approximately 20:45 (CET) on Monday evening as the player and his partner left the store with a number of bags from earlier purchases. As they left the premises, an individual approached the pair and managed to grab their bags and immediately ran off in the other direction.
Speaking to Spanish daily ABC, a witness claimed that the shouts from the couple drew attention to the incident as a chubby man ran off in a side street with two members of the public giving chase. Despite not being able to catch the perpetrator of the crime, the robber decided to dispose of the stolen goods mid-chase to ease his getaway.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Mariano was able to recollect his purchases and left the scene with his partner with no police intervention necessary.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"