Willian José Spurs move in doubt as striker gets Copa call-up
Real Sociedad head coach Imanol has called up Brazilian striker Willian José for Wednesday's Copa de Rey clash against Osasuna.
Real Sociedad first team coach Imanol Alguacil has called up striker Willian José ahead of Wednesday's Copa del Rey Round of 16 clash in San Sebastian.
The Brazilian forward has been the subject of transfer speculation with many outlets linking the striker with a move to Premier League outfit Tottenham Hotspur with an apparent stalemate emerging between both sides as they fail to agree a price on the player.
Imanol refused to be drawn on the Willian José matter during the press conference ahead of the Spanish Cup tie at Anoeta and only stated: “As of today, we may look to rethink the situation, but as of today, he's our player and if he stays, we want to ensure we get the best out of him". The coach later dodged another direct question relating to the striker, answering: "I don't want to dwell on speculation and want to focus on hard work, dedication and the cup tie against Osasuna".
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022