Pumas top of Liga MX, 52 weeks later
Pumas remain the best team of the Clausura 2020 and after 3 games they are at the top of the table for the first time since week 4 of the Apertura 2018.
Against all odds, Pumas defeated current champions Monterrey 1-0 in the third week of the Clausura 2020 and once again they showed the entire league that they are serious contenders for the title.
No one ever thought Pumas would have such a great start, but it is also true that during the early weeks of the Liga MX, teams that are not considered title contenders often have a good start but, towards the end, they end up falling apart.
This is the first time they have topped the league since week 4 of the Apertura 2018, when David Patiño was the head coach. In that tournament Pumas defeated Veracruz (2-0), Necaxa (5-3) and tied against Pachuca (0-0). During that semester, Pumas ended up in third place, advancing to the playoffs. 52 weeks later, with a new team and a new coach, they are at the top of the table after 3 games.
Since the beginning of this semester three different teams have topped the table. First it was Leon in week 1, then Chivas and Pumas who have won 7 out of 9 points so far. Pumas will try to maintain their home field advantage when they host the return leg of their Copa MX game against Santos Laguna, in which they are trailing 4-2.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby