Pumas top of Liga MX, 52 weeks later
Pumas remain the best team of the Clausura 2020 and after 3 games they are at the top of the table for the first time since week 4 of the Apertura 2018.
Against all odds, Pumas defeated current champions Monterrey 1-0 in the third week of the Clausura 2020 and once again they showed the entire league that they are serious contenders for the title.
No one ever thought Pumas would have such a great start, but it is also true that during the early weeks of the Liga MX, teams that are not considered title contenders often have a good start but, towards the end, they end up falling apart.
This is the first time they have topped the league since week 4 of the Apertura 2018, when David Patiño was the head coach. In that tournament Pumas defeated Veracruz (2-0), Necaxa (5-3) and tied against Pachuca (0-0). During that semester, Pumas ended up in third place, advancing to the playoffs. 52 weeks later, with a new team and a new coach, they are at the top of the table after 3 games.
Since the beginning of this semester three different teams have topped the table. First it was Leon in week 1, then Chivas and Pumas who have won 7 out of 9 points so far. Pumas will try to maintain their home field advantage when they host the return leg of their Copa MX game against Santos Laguna, in which they are trailing 4-2.
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Ubisoft Forward E3 2021 conference live updates: games, announcements, trailers
- E3 2021 E3 2021 schedule: dates, times, conferences, livestreams and showcases by day
- US News Which European countries accept vaccinated travelers from the US?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: how do I know if should have received the IRS letter?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in Euro 2021? Saturday 12 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- ROLAND GARROS How many times has Nadal lost a match at Roland Garros?