Marco Fabián set to play with Xavi's Al-Sadd in Qatar
Al-Sadd have reached an agreement with the Mexican midfielder, who will become the team's fifth foreign player and will join them on Tuesday in Doha.
After playing for a whole year with Philadelphia Union, Marco Fabián will join Xavi's Al-Sadd in Qatar this season. The club announced the transfer on Monday on Twitter and he will be joining the team today in Doha for the medical and routine procedures each new player goes through.
The Mexican will be the fifth foreign player of Al-Sadd and he should be presented this week. In February 2018, Philadelphia signed Fabián on a Designated Player contract from Eintracht Frankfurt, with the midfielder managing to score seven goals in 23 games for the MLS team.
الزعيم يتفق مع المكسيكي مارك فابيان للإنضمام لصفوف الفريق خلال الفترة المقبلة كمحترف أجنبي خامس ، وسيصل اللاعب غداً لإتمام الفحص الطبي والإجراءات الروتينية قبل التوقيع والإعلان الرسمي.#السد pic.twitter.com/wvMCVL5pfm— AlSadd S.C | نادي السد (@AlsaddSC) February 3, 2020
Fabián struggled with injuries throughout the 2019 MLS season, just like he did in his time at Frankfurt, and he only played 15 out of 34 games.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 MLS SEASON Inter Miami: 2021 MLS regular-season schedule
- SERIE A Cristiano Ronaldo missing for Juventus' trip to Atalanta
- QATAR 2022 Tim Cahill, aiming for success in new Aspire Academy role
- COPA DEL REY Copa del Rey winners list: who has lifted the most Copas?
- BASEBALL Dodgers blow as Cody Bellinger suffers hairline fracture in left fibula
- NBA Simmons backs Embiid for MVP: "I don't know how to stop him!"