‘Tecatito’ Corona’s goal was voted the best of January in Portuguese league
It was week 16 when Porto defeated Moreirense and the Mexican forward scored two goals that night. One of them was voted the best goal of January.
Jesus Manuel Corona is having a fantastic season with Porto and has played a total of 34 games in all competitions. The man known as 'Tecatito' has provided 17 assists in the current season with the Portuguese club.
On January 10th, Porto visited Moreirense and the home team lost 4-2. In that game Tecatito scored two goals and one of them was chosen as the best of the month in the Portuguese championship.
It was the fourth and final goal of the game for Porto netted in the 85th minute. The Mexican winger hit a perfect volley and the goalkeeper couldn’t do anything to prevent the goal. The club proudly shared footage of the goal via social media on Monday.
Current season for Porto and Tecatito so far
The campaign has not been easy for Porto because they got eliminated from the Champions League after losing to the Russian team, Krasnadar, in the group stage. Currently they are in the Europa League and made it to the round of sixteen where they now have to eliminate Bayern Leverkusen to advance.
In the Portuguese league they sit in second place and last week they defeated the team above them, Benfica, boosting their chances of lifting the title.
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week