Bayern Munich: Neuer's 100% record in doubt due to illness
Joshua Kimmich and Alphonso Davies returned to training with Bayern Munich on Thursday but captain Neuer may miss out against Cologne.
Manuel Neuer is a doubt for Bayern Munich's trip to Cologne on Sunday after he missed training due to illness.
Bayern confirmed their captain sat out Thursday's session at Sabener Strasse because of a gastro-intestinal infection.
Neuer, 33, has been an ever-present for Bayern in the Bundesliga and Champions League this season.
Sven Ulreich may make 2019-20 debut
Back-up keeper Sven Ulreich has been unused this season but managed 12 apppearances across the Bundesliga and DFB-Pokal last campaign, while Bayern also have youth keepers Ron-Thorben Hoffmann and Christian Früchtl to call upon.
There was better news for head coach Hansi Flick as Joshua Kimmich and Alphonso Davies were back among the first-team group having been laid low by a cold and an ankle knock respectively.
Following last weekend's 0-0 draw against second-place RB Leipzig, Bayern retain a slender one-point advantage as they pursue an eighth consecutive Bundesliga crown.
Flick's side resume their Champions League campaign with a last-16 trip to Chelsea on February 25.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game