Mbappé: PSG to block France star's Olympic bid, says LÉquipe
According to L'Équipe, the Parc des Princes board has informed the FFF and CBF that they will not release Mbappé and Neymar for a non-FIFA tournament.
PSG have reportedly moved to block Kylian Mbappé from playing for France at the Tokyo Olympics this summer. According to L’Équipe, the Parc des Princes board have contacted the France Football Federation to confirm they will not release Mbappé for a non-FIFA tournament, despite the player’s insistence he wants to lead Les Bleus’ bid for glory in Japan. A similar letter has been sent to the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) stating that Neymar will not be permitted to captain the Canarinha in Tokyo, after the CBF had made overtures to secure the services of their star forward.
PSG fear Mbappé, Neymar burnout this summer
PSG are concerned that Mbappé and Neymar will risk injury and burnout if they compete at both the Euros and the Copa América respectively, with the latter stages of the Olympic football tournament clashing with the start of the Ligue 1 season. Even in the event that France and Brazil exited early, both Neymar and Mbappé would be unavailable for most of PSG’s pre-season.
However, PSG risk alienating Mbappé by not acquiescing to his demands. The jewel in Nasser Al-Khelaifi’s crown has yet to sign a contract extension at the Parc des Princes and PSG’s board are aware that several of Europe’s big-spenders will be more than willing to try and turn Mbappé’s head this summer if the France international is given any reason for disgruntlement towards his current employers.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7