L'Esportiu: Barcelona - Napoli could be played behind closed doors
The game is set for 18 March at 21:00 and could be played in an empty stadium over fears of coronavirus with the Barcelona marathon already postponed.
According to L'Esportiu, Barcelona's city council want to play the Barcelona vs Napoli game behind closed doors on 18 March in the Champions League. It is looking increasingly likely that both sets of fans will have to settle for watching on television as fears of coronoavirus increase.
The risk is real over the game behind played behind closed doors. The government announced on Saturday that the marathon in the city would be postponed too over fears of the virus sweeping across Europe. Initially due to happen on 15 March, it has been re-arranged for 25 October. 5,000 tickets have been sold to Napoli fans but it would not affect broadcasting of the game says the report.
Curiously, Napoli played a game behind closed doors 23 years ago in Spain also. They played at the Bernabéu against Real Madrid in what was called the 'game of silence' after Madrid were sanctioned by UEFA for incidents during the Bayern Munich game in the Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is a payment coming? IRS tax return deadline, Child Tax Credit
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: CDC says fully vaccinated no mask, guidelines, Ohio lottery...
- Serie A Ronaldo will lead Juve exodus without Champions League - Vieri
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid boss Zidane: Sometimes a change is best for everyone
- BOXING Floyd Mayweather vs Logan Paul: PPV cost and how to buy
- NBA Doc Rivers: top seed part of journey to ultimate goal for 76ers