L'Esportiu: Barcelona - Napoli could be played behind closed doors
The game is set for 18 March at 21:00 and could be played in an empty stadium over fears of coronavirus with the Barcelona marathon already postponed.
According to L'Esportiu, Barcelona's city council want to play the Barcelona vs Napoli game behind closed doors on 18 March in the Champions League. It is looking increasingly likely that both sets of fans will have to settle for watching on television as fears of coronoavirus increase.
The risk is real over the game behind played behind closed doors. The government announced on Saturday that the marathon in the city would be postponed too over fears of the virus sweeping across Europe. Initially due to happen on 15 March, it has been re-arranged for 25 October. 5,000 tickets have been sold to Napoli fans but it would not affect broadcasting of the game says the report.
Curiously, Napoli played a game behind closed doors 23 years ago in Spain also. They played at the Bernabéu against Real Madrid in what was called the 'game of silence' after Madrid were sanctioned by UEFA for incidents during the Bayern Munich game in the Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby