Sergio Dest accepts Bayern Munich interest
The United States fullback confirmed that he is well aware that German giants are interested in him and he even visited them a couple of days ago.
Sergio Dest is one of the best young American prospects playing in the European leagues and his talent has caught the eye of Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich. The fullback has become a starter at Ajax in the past couple of weeks and the German team could offer $22 million for the 19-year-old.
However, Ajax sporting director Marc Overmars has put a price tag of $33 million on Sergio Dest so there is a significant difference between what Bayern wants and what the Dutch team is asking for.
According De Telegraaf the first bid for the US national team defender was rejected so it is understood that Bayern Munich will come back with a second bid in the summer when the transfer window opens around the world. It is also reported that both sides are willing to meet at $26 million.
“I was recently in Germany because I have family there. I am aware of Bayern’s interest so if everything goes as planned I want to know more about the club so I thought it would be a good idea to pay them a visit while I was there,” Dest said in a interview with Ajax1.nl.
Bayern’s failed bid to sign Dest also explains why the club made a last-minute loan deal for Real Madrid’s defender Álvaro Ordriozola on January 22. However, Ordriozola’s loan expires in the summer and Bayern have no option, or intend, to make a permanent deal. That is why they will try to sign Dest, who is willing to make a switch to the Bundesliga.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy