Iván Zamorano: “Raúl Jiménez is as good or even better than Karim Benzema”
Former Real Madrid player Iván Zamorano said that the Mexican should be playing at one of Europe's big clubs and suggested he is the French striker's equal.
Iván Zamorano played for many teams during his career including Club América, where he won a Liga MX title during his two years at the club. Despite his stay being brief, people in Mexico have a great affection for the Chilean striker who now works for TUDN as a sports analyst.
During television appearance, Zamorano said that Raúl Jiménez is a great striker, comparing him to Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema and suggesting that he should be playing for a more illustrious side than Wolves.
“Raúl has evolved in the past 3 years, right now he is very mature and prepared to play in a big club from Europe. He has the quality to be the starting forward for any team and he should be playing in a better team than Wolverhampton. If Real Madrid wants him, he should not say no to that offer, you can’t say no to one of the most important teams in the world.
“Raúl should be playing in the Champions League and be scoring many goals. I think that Karim Benzema is a great footballer but Raúl is as good or even better than the French striker,” Zamorano said.
The former Chile striker played four seasons with Real Madrid where he won the Copa del Rey and LaLiga before moving to Inter and eventually retiring at Colo Colo.
Jiménez’s season so far with Wolves
Jiménez became Wolves’ top scorer in a single Premier League season this year when he surpassed Steven Fletcher's mark. So far he has 22 goals and 10 assists in all competitions in 2019-20 and has also scored against each of the "big six" teams this campaign.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?