Ronaldinho released from prison, under house arrest at Paraguay hotel
After spending more than a month in a Paraguayan jail, Ronaldinho and his brother have now been placed under house arrest at a hotel.
Ronaldinho has been moved to house arrest in a Paraguayan hotel after serving 32 days in prison. The 40-year-old was arrested last month, along with his brother, Roberto Assis, after authorities alleged he entered the country with a forged passport. Ronaldinho and his brother said the documents found in their possession were a gift from Brazilian businessman Wilmondes Sousa Liria, who has already been jailed.
After the brothers paid a 1.2 million euro bail fee on Tuesday, the two left the Asunción jail where they had been kept and entered a hotel, where they will remain while the investigation continues. "It is very important to reiterate, they cannot leave the country," judge Gustavo Amarilla said at a hearing.
Former Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain and AC Milan forward Ronaldinho won 97 caps for Brazil between 1999 and 2013. He scored 33 times and was a key part of the 2002 World Cup-winning squad.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement