Real Madrid: Martínez provides positive update on Hazard recovery
Roberto Martínez revealed that Eden Hazard has not suffered any complications after going under the knife last month.
Belgium head coach Roberto Martínez has revealed Eden Hazard is recovering well from ankle surgery and believes he will "return stronger".
Real Madrid forward Hazard fractured his right ankle during a 1-0 LaLiga defeat at Levante in February, having recovered from a similar injury sustained in a Champions League clash against Paris Saint-Germain in November.
The former Chelsea playmaker underwent surgery in the United States before the season was suspended due to the coronavirus pandemic.
"There are no complications" - Hazard "recovering well", Martínez says
Martínez gave a positive update on Hazard's condition amid uncertainty over when Madrid will be back in action.
The Spaniard told Belgian media: "I know he is recovering well. He is not far from running again and there are no complications.
"Everything went well with the operation, but you also hope that everything goes well in the four to five weeks afterwards without complications, and there were none."
He added: "We know he will return stronger. We were also fortunate, of course, to have his surgery take place just before the coronavirus outbreak.
"Otherwise he would not be able to travel or be treated outside of Madrid. I have a positive feeling that Eden will be back soon."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: is a new payment coming? Opt-out, eligibility, tax refund...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 schedule today, July 31: events, sports, times, and how to watch
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Simone Biles pulls out of vault and bars finals
- OLYMPIC GAMES Connor Fields suffered brain bleed in BMX crash, out of ICU
- OLYMPIC GAMES South Korea U23 vs Mexico U23 live online: scores, stats and updates | Olympic men's soccer