Juventus could cancel Higuaín's contract over coronavirus trip
The striker will have to travel back to Italy to finish the season but he is considering staying in Argentina given his mother's physical state/
Gonzalo Higuaín is living through a very delicate situation. The striker returned to Argentina at the start of the pandemic and it is not clear if he will return to Italy or not for the remainder of the Serie A season. The Juventus striker's mothers, Nancy Zacarías, is suffering from an illness and he has made being by her side a priority.
The striker is weighing up his options and the club have received no response as to whether he will return or not when the players are called upon to return training. Tuttosport outline three scenarios: return to Italy and finish the season, don't return with the permission of Juventus or else don't return without permission, stay in Argentina and have his contract terminated.
A number of days ago, the Italian press said Higuaín was on the club's transfer list but in theory, he has a contract until the end of the 2020-21 season.
Higuaín has been in Argentina for a month
Gonzalo Higuaín left Juventus when the players and coaches were in quarantine after tests results from Rugani and Matuidi returned positive. The Argentine was stopped by police but he had a certificate that said he tested negative and they let him go on the private plane.
The plane could not fly directly into Argentina from Spain and he had to go through Spain and France. Juventus authorised that journey but are waiting to hear back about his potential return. At the moment, nothing is clear.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan