Five players in Spain test positive for coronavirus
According to Catalan broadcaster RAC1, three top flight players and two second division footballers have tested positive for Covid-19.
Five LaLiga players have tested positive for coronavirus. According to Calalan broadcaster RAC1, in the first round of tests for Covid-19 ahead of a possible return to playing three players from the top flight have tested positive along with two from the Segunda, the second division.
Coronavirus testing in LaLiga
The names of the players have not been revealed. These findings are preliminary with more results still expected. LaLiga are waiting for all the tests to be completed before making a public announcement.
While the players’ clubs have also not been named, RAC1 did confirm that no player from Barcelona has tested positive. This Friday the Barça squad are expected to start individual training.
The Covid-19 tests are being carried out on every player registered in LaLiga, along with the coaching staffs and all employees who have direct contact with players.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops