Rihanna's wealth surpasses the likes of Mick Jagger & Elton John
The Barbados born singer debuts in the annual Sunday Times Rich List for 2020 with her fortune higher than the likes of the Rolling Stones frontman and Ed Sheeran.
Rihanna is officially the richest musician in the United Kingdom according to the 2020 The Sunday Times Rich List.
The Barbados born singer has broken into the ranking at at number three, with an estimated wealth of 468 million pounds ($576 million), thanks partly to the success of her fashion and cosmetics brands with Louis Vuitton-owner LVMH.
Barbados-born Rihanna, 32, now based in London, leapfrogged some of Britain's most famous musicians such as Mick Jagger and Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones, Elton John and Rod Stewart into the list of the country's most wealthy.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Hit musical composer Andrew Lloyd Webber and former Beatle Paul McCartney jointly top the list with some £800 million each.
Known for her daring, colourful looks on the red carpet, Rihanna has become an increasingly influential force in the fashion world as well as having eight hit albums.
"Rihanna typifies the seismic change we've seen in the Rich List in recent years. Once dominated by inherited wealth, the bulk of our 1,000 entries are now self-made people with modest and even troubled starts in life who are driven to work exceptionally hard," said Robert Watts, compiler of the list.
Ed Sheeran tops the ranks of Britain's richest young musicians (aged 30 or under) with a fortune of £200 million.
"Touring remains the big earner for many of the stadium-filling acts on our musicians' list," Watts said. "But the Covid outbreak has wrecked concert plans and so we expect the wealth of many of these musicians will flatline over the coming year."
Te recomendamos en English
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Granada 1-4 Real Madrid: LaLiga title race now a capital affair
- Climate News Carbon Tax: What is it and who is calling for the federal government to implement one?
- Real Madrid Kroos' season could be over after covid-19 contact
- FA CUP FA Cup prize money: how much do the winners get?
- Coupe de France final PSG: Neymar banned for Coupe de France final against Monaco
- Coronavirus Where won't you have to wear a mask after the vaccine and in what cases?