No decision on Hakimi's future before end of LaLiga season
Borussia Dortmund have not yet given up hope of signing Achraf Hakimi permanently from Real Madrid, but no decision is imminent.
Borussia Dortmund do not expect a decision on Achraf Hakimi's future until Real Madrid's LaLiga season finishes, says BVB chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke.
Versatile wing-back Hakimi has been an outstanding performer for Dortmund during a two-year loan spell.
The Madrid man, who has formed an effective right-sided partnership with Jadon Sancho, has played 50 times in the Bundesliga, scoring seven goals.
Hakimi's form would appear to make him a genuine option for Madrid's first XI, and agent Alejandro Camano last week said a return to Spain was the player's aim.
But Dortmund are not yet giving up hope of a permanent transfer for the 21-year-old.
"There will definitely be no decision before the Spaniards have ended the season," Watzke told Kicker.
Vamos ! +3 / Let's go! +3 pic.twitter.com/r21B4TdWay— achrafhakimi (@AchrafHakimi) May 23, 2020
Sporting director Michael Zorc added: "The possibility is still open. We can still imagine Hakimi at BVB.
"But I stick to the facts. Achraf has a contract with Madrid."
While Hakimi's status for next season is uncertain, Dortmund are widely expected to lose Sancho, who has been linked with a host of elite clubs.
The England winger has 17 goals and 16 assists in the league this season and scored his first career hat-trick against Paderborn on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands