Lionel Messi quadriceps injury keeps him out of training again
The Argentine striker was once again ruled out training with the first team squad as concerns grow about the nature of his injury.
The uncertainty relating to the nature of Lionel Messi's injury increased this morning as, for the second consecutive training session, the Argentine striker was forced to train alone in the gym. The first team squad were given Thursday off and it was anticipated that Messi would rejoin the rest of the group for this morning's session.
Last Tuesday, the player experienced a pain in his abductor in his right leg and a scan later revealed a minor tear. The current concern at the Catalan club is that the club captain may miss the trip to Mallorca on Saturday week as Barcelona resume their season activity.
Initially Barcelona endeavoured to convey that all was well with the player alluding that he was set to return to group training on Friday (today). AS understands that a club physio was sent to Messi's home yesterday to work on the injury with the striker very much a borderline case for being fit to coincide with the return of LaLiga.
An official statement from the club explained:
"Barça captain Leo Messi has a minor right quadriceps injury and trained in isolation, doing specific exercises to avoid unnecessary risks with just eight days remaining before Barça finally get back to playing matches. He should be able to rejoin his team-mates in a few days’ time."
Recommended in English
- NFL “Nobody is satisfied here” Brady and the Bucs are ready to take on the Eagles!
- NFL NFL: Rams' Weddle set for stunning playoff comeback against Cardinals
- NFL Tom Brady vs Jalen Hurts: wild card appearances, stats and records
- USMNT Juventus boss praises USMNT midfielder Weston McKennie
- AFCON 2022 Khazri nets brace as Eagles of Carthage soar past the Lions
- AFCON 2022 Late blunder and Kessie miss cost Elephants