City's Sterling looks at Real Madrid clash en route to UCL final
Manchester City star Raheem Sterling is eyeing two finals to finish the 2019-20 campaign on a high after handing over Premier League to Liverpool.
Raheem Sterling is hoping Manchester City can reach two finals to finish the season. With Liverpool having sealed the Premier League title, City's chances of adding to their Community Shield and EFL Cup successes this season are in the Champions League and FA Cup.
Champions League final in sight for Sterling
Pep Guardiola's side will face Arsenal in the FA Cup semi-finals, while they will carry a 2-1 lead into their Champions League last-16 second leg against Real Madrid.
Sterling, who scored in City's 4-0 thrashing of Liverpool on Thursday, is eyeing two finals to finish the campaign.
"Hopefully, we can finish with an FA Cup final and a Champions League final," the star attacker said, via the club's website.
"We are a team that missed out on the Premier League and we have got to go on and try to do our best as we can in all competitions and that is the FA Cup and the Champions League.
"It is difficult seeing Liverpool take the title from us, but they have been brilliant all year.
"On Thursday, it was just another game, but it was a chance to finish high. In the Premier League we need to win all our games and finish on a high in the FA Cup and the Champions League."
City are away to Southampton in the Premier League on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash