De Gea surpasses Schmeichel to break Man Utd record
Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea made a landmark 399th appearance for the club against Aston Villa on Thursday.
David de Gea moved past Peter Schmeichel on Thursday to become the overseas player with the most Manchester United appearances.
The Spanish goalkeeper played for United for the 399th time when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side travelled to Aston Villa in the Premier League.
It saw De Gea, who joined United from Atlético Madrid in 2011, move beyond another keeper in Schmeichel in the club's all-time list.
De Gea, 29, remains a long way behind Ryan Giggs, the man with the most United appearances regardless of nationality.
The Welshman spent his entire career at Old Trafford and played for them on 963 occasions.
Recommended in English
- UFC Francis Ngannou vs Ciryl Gane Heavyweight title: fight card, TV and how to watch online
- NFL Andy Reid: Willie Gay Jr. to star against Bills following arrest
- NFL 49ers vs Packers: times, TV and how to watch online
- NFL | HALL OF FAME Which NFL team has the most Hall of Famers?
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL How did Aaron Rodgers respond to Joe Biden's vaccine criticism?