Zidane discusses Bale, James absences after Leganés draw
Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane was asked about the futures of Gareth Bale and James Rodriguez after the the conclusion of the LaLiga season.
Zinedine Zidane said out of favour forward Gareth Bale's absence from Real Madrid's squad for the draw with Leganés on Sunday was a "technical decision" while also suggesting James Rodríguez has played his last game for the Liga champions. The Frenchman was also far from reasuring when discussing the future of Serbia forward Luka Jovic.
Bale was left out of the squad as Madrid drew 2-2 with the Cucumber Growers on Sunday with Real Madrid having already clinched the LaLiga title.
The Wales international seems set to leave the LaLiga giants after making just two appearances since the season resumed last month, with his behaviour while on the bench being questioned.
James Rodríguez has been left out of the past five matchday squads – with personal reasons cited initially – and Zidane discussed the duo after finishing the LaLiga campaign.
Zidane on Jovic: "We will see next year"
"You know what happened with one [James]. The other is a technical decision," the Madrid coach said.
Luka Jovic, meanwhile, came off the bench for what was just his second appearance since the coronavirus-enforced break.
The forward has been linked with a move away after scoring just twice in 26 appearances in his first season in Madrid.
"As always when I talk about Luka, what I say is that he is young," Zidane said. "He has talent, but it has been a difficult season for him, especially with injuries. Of course things that have happened to him, I trust him. We will see next year."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?