Oman imposes two week coronavirus lockdown
Oman imposes a raft of new restrictions along with a nation-wide lockdown starting Saturday in a bid to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Following a new spike in Covid-19 cases, Oman has decided to impose new restrictions in the country that will come into force on 25 July, in addition to implementing a two-week lockdown that will overlap the Islamic feast of Eid Al Adha.
The national committee responsible for combatting Covid-19 stated that the new measures will be enforced starting 25 July and will last for two weeks In view of the increase in the number of people infected with Covid-19 and to limit its spread, the supreme committee on Covid-19 has decided to close all governorates between 25 July and 8 August 8.
New restrictions and measures in Oman:
Under the new measures Omanis will have to stay at their homes for 11 hours a day from 19:00 till 06:00 with policemen deployed on the streets to restrict public movement. During curfew hours movement of individuals will be prohibited, and all shops and public places will be shut. Moreover, all social gatherings and visits are prohibited during Eid Al Adha, which is between 31 July and 3 August. Interstate travel will also be barred during lockdown.
The sultanate has seen an alarming increase in Covid-19 cases with new cases on some days exceeding 1,400. A total of 487 new confirmed cases were reported on Tuesday, taking the case tally up to 69,800. of which 337 have died. The health authorities have announced their intention to increase the number of intensive care units in the country.
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Real Madrid, Barça and Juventus issue joint statement denouncing 'threats'
- REAL MADRID Ramos out of crucial Real Madrid match against Sevilla
- LALIGA When was Barcelona's last defeat to Atlético Madrid at Camp Nou?
- Premier League Leeds United vs Tottenham: Premier League live
- BARCELONA Barcelona attempt to sign De Ligt for a second time
- 2022 World Cup Five key sustainability features connected with Qatar 2022