Benzema had best season of his career – French FA chief hails Real Madrid star
Karim Benzema's prolific season for Real Madrid was praised by French Football Federation (FFF) president Noel Le Graet.
French Football Federation (FFF) president Noel Le Graet heaped praise on exiled French forward Karim Benzema for his "exceptional season" with Real Madrid.
Benzema has scored 26 goals in 47 games this season to help Madrid win LaLiga, while they are in the last 16 of the Champions League.
Despite his form, Benzema last played for France in 2015 and Le Graet said in November last year the forward had played his last game for the national team.
But the FFF president was still full of praise for the 32-year-old's performances this season.
Le Graet on Benzema's "exceptional season
"He's had an exceptional season with Real," Le Graet told RMC Sport on Thursday.
"I have already congratulated [Zinedine] Zidane who is his coach. He is one of the best players today, over the season he has just completed.
"The best? It is not up to me to judge because I haven't seen all the games, but in my opinion he had the best season of his career."
Madrid are due to be in action next on August 7, when they will face Manchester City in the second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie.
The Premier League giants recorded a 2-1 win in the first leg.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool