Arsenal join the fight to sign Raúl Jiménez this summer
The Mexican striker has scored 17 Premier League goals for Wolverhampton this season and big clubs in Europe want to sign him.
Arsenal has joined the long list of European clubs that have shown interest in Raúl Jiménez, who has scored 17 goals with Wolverhampton this season and has become one of the best strikers in the Premier League. According to Le 10 Sport from France, the Gunners want to sign the Mexican striker if Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang leave this summer.
Jiménez has also been linked to big clubs like Real Madrid, Liverpool, FC Barcelona and Manchester United. There have also been different opinions on whether he should leave Wolverhampton because he is one of the most important players of the club.
Arsenal have other players on the list
Memphis Depay is also in Arsenal’s radar since he ended up the Ligue 1 season with Lyon with 14 goals and two assists in 18 games. Another player on the list is Alan Saint-Maximin, who scored four goals and gave seven assists for Newcastle in the Premier League. The ‘Gunners’ have also shown an interest in Moussa Dembélé, who also plays for Lyon and scored 22 goals.
Strictly by numbers, Jiménez has better statistics because in all competitions this season he has scored 26 goals and supplied 10 assists with one game left to play in the Premier League. His numbers can also be expected to increase when the Europa League resumes next month.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City close to signing Jules Koundé from Sevilla
- LALIGA Will Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético struggle this season?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester sign Cengiz Under on loan from Roma
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: times, dates and how and where to watch live online
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: full list of key nominations by category