América overcome Pachuca in week 1 of 2020 Guardianes tournament
With this result Club América have now gone six consecutive games without losing to Pachuca. The balance is four victories and two draws for the ‘Águilas’.
Pachuca hosted Club América in the last match of week 1 of the 2020 Guardianes tournament. Prior to this game the home team hadn’t defeated the visiting team in the last 5 meetings with 2 draws and 3 losses.
The first half was pretty even as both teams only had one clear shot on goal each before returning to their locker rooms. In the 13th minute the home team captain Jorge Hernández shot from outside the box and América’s goalkeeper made an amazing save with the second half starting with the same high tempo as the first 45 minutes.
In the 55th minute Jorge Hernández was awarded a second yellow card and the captain left Pachuca with 10 men. América took advantage of having one more player with Federico Viñas bagging the opener just after the hour mark.
In the 65th minute, America's Cáseres was also awarded a second yellow card, also leaving América with 10 players.
In the 90th minute when Pachuca tackled Cordova inside the box and the referee called the clear penalty and Viñas bagged his second goal of the game for América.
The referee added 6 minutes of stoppage time and Pachuca made a late comeback. Before the game ended they Colin Kazim scored from the penalty spot nut it was too little too late as America secured maximum points. América will host Xolos on the second week of the tournament and Pachuca visit Tigres UANL.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: USA, Caeleb Dressel gold and WR in 4x100 medley, medal count, results, today 1 August
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and child tax credit live updates: can it be passed in August? dates, tax return, opt-out...
- NFL Zimmer "frustrated" as 3 Viking QBs sit out practice due to covid-19 protocols
- GOLD CUP 2021 Mexico's CONCACAF 2021 Gold Cup squad: key absentees
- MLB Rays beat Red Sox to move top; Mets win in Báez debut
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August