Barcelona: Dembele and Griezmann train ahead of Champions League Napoli tie
Ousmane Dembele and Antoine Griezmann worked individually as Barcelona began their preparations for the Champions League return against Napoli.
Barcelona returned to training on Tuesday ahead of the resumption of the Champions League campaign, with Ousmane Dembélé and Antoine Griezmann both reporting for duty after recovering from injury as Quique Setién's side prepare to face Napoli at Camp Nou on 8 August.
The French duo have both been sidelined but underwent individual recovery work as they continued their rehabilitation.
Griezmann suffered a thigh problem in the 1-0 win over Real Valladolid on July 11, forcing him to miss the final two LaLiga games as Barça were dethroned by Real Madrid during the run-in.
As for Dembélé, his season was seemingly over when he underwent surgery to repair his damaged hamstring back in February.
However, the extension of the 2019-20 campaign due to the coronavirus pandemic has raised the possibility of the winger featuring in Europe.
Barça and Napoli at 1-1 after opening leg
Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) July 28, 2020
Back to work! pic.twitter.com/ZlXxC8kO28
Meanwhile, defender Clément Lenglet also worked away from the rest of the group, the centre-back attempting to overcome a groin injury suffered on the last day of the league campaign.
Barça are beginning preparations for the delayed second leg of their last-16 tie against Napoli, to be played at Camp Nou. The teams drew 1-1 in the first meeting, which took place on Italian soil in February.
The subsequent knockout rounds will take place in Portugal, all as one-off games following changes to the schedule caused by the Covid-19 crisis.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness