Giggs urges Manchester United to sign Sancho and Grealish
Ryan Giggs feels that Jadon Sancho and Jack Grealish would be perfect signings for his old club Manchester United.
Manchester United should go all out to sign Jadon Sancho and Jack Grealish in this summer's transfer window, says former player Ryan Giggs. The transfer market is now open and United will be able to offer potential signings Champions League football next season after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side finished in the Premier League's top four last weekend.
Sancho and Grealish impressed in 2019/20
Borussia Dortmund winger Sancho, who finished with 17 league goals and 16 assists in 2019-20, has been strongly linked with a return to his homeland, having enhanced his reputation in the Bundesliga over the past three seasons since leaving Manchester City. Grealish meanwhile was the standout performer for a Villa side that avoided relegation on the final day last Sunday, when he scored his eighth Premier League goal of the season to go along with his six assists for his boyhood club.
Another season of Premier League football for Villa may put Grealish's price out of United's price range, while Sancho could command a club-record fee, yet United legend Giggs feels both fit the bill.
"[They are] two good players," Wales manager Giggs told the Webby and O'Neill YouTube channel. "I think the thing with Grealish is he's obviously used to the Premier League and doesn't need to adapt to it so that's good. For me from the outside, it looks like he's got the mentality to come to this place and not bother him. Certain players can get overawed. Also, the good thing this year is he's got 10 goals [in all competitions] and got into double figures so that would be one question mark I would have had with him: does he score enough goals? To get to double figures with no penalties for Villa is impressive. Sancho is quick, direct but also an intelligent player. What I like about him is when he gets into those areas with the final ball, he doesn't panic. A lot of quick wide players sometimes do but he picks out the right pass. He's someone who can counterattack if we're going to play that but also if a team are going to sit back, he can beat players and make things happen. They are two signings that may be available and if we're able to get them, I would go and get them."
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August