Matthäus: "Bayern will have to really mess up to lose to Barcelona"
The German legend gave his thoughts on next week's Champions League quarter final between Bayern Munich and Barcelona and says his old club are favourites.
Ex-player and coach Lothar Matthäus feels that his old club Bayern Munich are the clear favourites to progress in next week's Champions League quarter final against Barcelona. Bayern showed that they will take some stopping in the competition by thrashing Chelsea 4-1 in their rescheduled Last 16 return leg tie last night. The German champions will now face Barça, who ran out 3-1 winners against Napoli at Camp Nou to win their tie 4-2 on aggregate.
"Of course Barcelona have got the quality to give the best of themselves in a knockout tie but I think that Bayern would have to really play badly to lose to the current Barcelona side," Matthäus told Sky.
However, Matthäus did concede that while Bayern go into Friday's quarter final as the big favourites, there is always some level of unpredictability when ties are played over just one game. "A lot of things can happen in a one-legged tie, if you have a bad day, you can easily find yourself knocked out. Over two legs you can always make up for playing badly in the first game," he reasoned.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"