Raúl Jiménez: Wolves striker could be loaned to Juventus
Raúl Jiménez scored 17 goals in 38 appearances for Wolves this past season and became one of the best strikers in the Premier League.
Raúl Jiménez has sparked interest among big clubs in Europe after scoring 17 goals for Wolves in the Premier League this season. One of the teams interested in the Mexican striker is Juventus, who appointed Andrea Pirlo as their new head coach on Saturday, and are now looking to renew the current squad ahead of the 2020/21 campaign.
Juventus eye Jiménez loan with option to buy
The new boss in Turin would love to sign Jiménez as Gonzalo Higuaín and Cristiano Ronaldo could exit the club this summer, leaving the Bianconeri in need of fresh blood up front. According to Tuttosport, Wolves have slapped a price tag of $44 million on Jiménez, but Juventus want to negotiate a one-year loan with the option to buy at the end of the season.
Currently, Wolves are playing the final eight of the UEFA Europa League after eliminating Olympiacos 1-0 in the round of 16, with Jiménez scoring the winning goal. They now face Sevilla on 11 August in a single-leg tie, in what will be the teams' first ever competitive meeting.
Other options on the list
Even if the negotiations with Wolves fail, Juventus have other options in mind. According to Sky Sport Italia, Arkadiusz Milik of Napoli could be the other No. 9 to arrive in Turin for next season. The 26-year-old scored 11 goals in 26 appearances in 2019/20 and his current market value is $35.2m. To reduce the price, Juventus could include Federico Bernardeschi in the deal.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is a payment coming? IRS tax return deadline, Child Tax Credit
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: CDC says fully vaccinated no mask, guidelines, Ohio lottery...
- Serie A Ronaldo will lead Juve exodus without Champions League - Vieri
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid boss Zidane: Sometimes a change is best for everyone
- BOXING Floyd Mayweather vs Logan Paul: PPV cost and how to buy
- NBA Doc Rivers: top seed part of journey to ultimate goal for 76ers