Real Madrid bring Areola's loan spell to end
After returning to PSG following the end of his Real Madrid loan, the Premier League could be Alphonse Areola's next destination.
Alphonse Areola has returned to Paris Saint-Germain from Real Madrid amid reports he is set for a Premier League move.
The goalkeeper joined Los Blancos on a season-long loan last September to provide cover for number one Thibaut Courtois, with Keylor Navas having moved in the opposite direction in a permanent deal.
Areola made just nine appearances for LaLiga's champions, though, and the Frenchman has been tipped to move on again with game time unlikely at PSG.
PSG statement on Areola return
"Real Madrid confirmed they have brought Alphonse Areola's loan spell to an end," a team statement read.
"The club would like to thank Areola for his dedication, professionalism and exemplary conduct this season and wishes him the best of luck in this new chapter.
"Real Madrid also thanks PSG for the chance to have had Alphonse Areola as part of our squad."
Areola: Premier League links
Reports in the English media said 27-year-old Areola has bought a house in London ahead of a potential move to the Premier League.
Chelsea have been credited with an interest as the Blues appear keen to find a buyer for Kepa Arrizabalaga.
Arsenal were also touted as a potential destination to provide extra cover after Emiliano Martinez deputised when Bernd Leno sustained a knee injury in June, although the Argentinian's brilliant performances mean such a scenario may be unlikely.
Recommended in English
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass
- NFL When was the last time the Pittsburgh Steelers won a Super Bowl? How many have they won?
- SOCCER Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV and how to watch online
- LIGA MX Club América vs Pumas UNAM summary: score, goals, highlights, Liga MX Apertura
- MLS ‘Chofis’ López extends his loan with San Jose Earthquakes