Van de Beek happy at Ajax amid Real Madrid, Man Utd links
The Ajax and Netherlands midfielder is wanted by Manchester United and Real Madrid but has accepted a transfer is unlikely this year.
Donny van de Beek says he is "proud" to play for Ajax and will not complain if he does not get a move away from the club amid interest from Manchester United and Real Madrid in a transfer window that will be governed by the financial constraints imposed by the Covid-19 crisis.
Ajax director Edwin van der Sar revealed in June that Van de Beek is a target for United and Madrid following another impressive campaign for the Dutch giants.
However, the Netherlands international concedes that leaving the club this year is unlikely due to the "messy" situation caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
Van de Beek, who has two years to run on his Ajax contract, insists he has no problem remaining at the Johan Cruijff ArenA for another season.
Van de Beek: "A messy period for transfers"
"It is very messy, in any case a very messy period in terms of transfers," he told Fox Sports following Ajax's 5-1 pre-season friendly win over Utrecht on Thursday.
"Nothing is certain yet. I am still a player of Ajax and I am still proud to be there.
"If there had not been the coronavirus, it might have been different now. There is no clarity now and we have to wait and see how it turns out.
"I'm still here and after all these years I still have a lot of fun. If I also play at Ajax next season, I still have a lot of fun. You won't hear me complaining."
Academy product Van de Beek has spent five seasons in Ajax's first team, accruing close to 200 appearances in all competitions.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series