Manchester City's Kevin De Bruyne named Premier League Player of the Season
Kevin De Bruyne saw off competition from three Liverpool players to be named the best Premier League player for 2019-20.
Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne was named the Premier League Player of the Season for 2019-20 on Sunday. The Belgium international was awarded the prize following a vote by fans, club captains from England's top flight and a panel of experts.
Liverpool trio miss out
De Bruyne beat three players from title-winning Liverpool to the award – Trent Alexander-Arnold, Jordan Henderson and Sadio Mané – as well as Danny Ings, Nick Pope and Jamie Vardy.
The 29-year-old was City's standout player as they finished second to Liverpool in the title race, scoring 13 goals and registering 20 assists, which equalled Thierry Henry's record for a single season set back in 2002-03.
Champions scoop awards
His victory denies Liverpool a clean sweep of the top Premier League prizes, with Alexander-Arnold having won the Young Player of the Season award and Jürgen Klopp having been named Manager of the Season.
The midfielder is the third Belgian to claim the honour following former team-mate Vincent Kompany in 2011-12 and ex-Chelsea star Eden Hazard in 2014-15.
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC UFC 266: Volkanovski's sweary outburst after brutal title defence over Ortega
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight? | TV, time and following games in NFL Week 3
- REAL MADRID Camavinga: "Playing at the 2022 World Cup is a goal for me"
- PSG PSG given Messi boost ahead of Man City Champions League tie
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals break record amid 15-game winning run
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?