Raul Jimenez touted as Cristiano Ronaldo's "Benzema" at Juventus
Former Real Madrid and Juventus manager Fabio Capello said Cristiano Ronaldo would benefit from the Benzema-like qualities of Raul Jimenez.
Raúl Jiménez is an "ideal" team-mate for Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo, according to former Real Madrid and Old Lady boss Fabio Capello. The Wolves forward has been heavily linked with a move to the Serie A champions after scoring 27 goals in 55 games in 2019-20.
Capello believes the Mexico international can play a similar role to what Karim Benzema produced for Ronaldo at Real Madrid.
"Juve's problem is that they have to sell players and give up players and then turn to the market," the former Juve and Madrid coach told ESPN.
"I have seen Raúl Jiménez, he is an important player who has a lot of quality.
"He is an ideal player to play with Cristiano Ronaldo, because Cristiano has lacked a Benzema at Juventus. This could be Raúl Jiménez."
Capello: Juve not the team expected with Ronaldo
Ronaldo netted 37 times in 46 games during the 2019-20 season, but Juve crashed out in the Champions League last 16 before Maurizio Sarri was sacked as coach.
Capello believes the coronavirus-enforced break impacted Juve, who will be led into the new campaign by Andrea Pirlo.
"It was not done because they arrived after the break and the team was not the same," he said.
"They lowered their physical condition a lot, the only one who got to the game well against Lyon was Cristiano Ronaldo. The quality, the strength, the organisation of the team was lacking, that's why I think they changed the coach.
"The team that everyone believed could be with CR7 has not been seen, the new game system that everyone saw with Napoli from Sarri was not seen with Juve."
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?